Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Tip: Erasing Charcoal Pencil Drawn on Acrylic Paint

I made a rather pleasant discovery today while drawing this face in charcoal pencil. First of all, I don't know about the rest of you but most of the time, I do not draw faces I like on the first try. It usually takes me a few passes to get the face or drawing looking the way I want it. This means there is a lot of erasing going on. The other day while browsing the craft store I found an eraser that was supposed to erase charcoal in addition to being good for erasing graphite.


Eager to try it out, I used it while drawing this face but what I discovered was that the eraser alone was not enough. So, I lightly touched the tip of the eraser with a damp towel and voilĂ ! It worked like a charm in erasing the charcoal lines. For a bit more precision and control, you might also try some Q-tips dabbed with a little water to erase then use the dry end for cleanup. Pretty cool eh? Now I can paint her.

4 comments:

The Quintessential Magpie said...

She's wonderful, Kellie! Love her face!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Sueann said...

What a great tip!! Never would have thought to try that! Thanks
Hugs
SueAnn

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Very, very wonderful, Kell! I am dabbling in watercolor these days and it is not easy, but is it ever fun!!!!

HAVE A BLAST and we are keeping our eyes on your progress! Anita

ImagiMeri said...

Good Morning Kell Belle,

I'm a little sad and ticked off....for some reason (I don't know what it is) I have not been able to see your images for the past few postings. I don't know if you've changed your format since you started setting yourself free artistically or what, but I'm just not able to view your work. Maybe if you email me your work to meriw@cox.net. I'd love to see what you're up to, as you've made them sound so enticing. Take care.

Hugs,
Meri