Saturday, June 12, 2010

Cleansing the Soul With Tears

It's been over 24 hours since I have become petless. I feel like an orphan in a way and I can't seem to stop crying today. I could think of it as cleansing the soul with tears. Everything will be okay. The grand plan is unfolding exactly as it should and I trust the process of life.


These babies have been my comfort even though are only an image on a screen. I think getting new kitties will have a healing effect on me but I have yet to make the appointment. Still getting used to the idea of my routine changing. No 5 pm feedings right now, no litter box cleanings, no napping furbabies at my feet. Every noise that breaks the silence is one that could be a cat but then I remember.


Today I went through my bookshelves pulling books that no longer serve me. I had not intended at all to take care of that chore today but somehow it just felt right. It's funny how the universe will work magic to make things happen with no effort whatsoever. I've heard that in order to make room for the new in your life you have to get rid of the old. I suppose that goes for cats too.

8 comments:

Linda said...

My heart goes out to you. I had to say goodbye to an old friend at the end of March, and it still hurts to think about.

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Good morning Kitty,

Tears are the best cleanser indeed. I think that tears are like the rain that makes our gardens grow greener and stronger as well; new flowers and life will spring forth again in due time, dearest. Carry on, perhaps during cold mornings, cloudy days and silence, but you will find joy once again. Thinking of you, Anita

Sueann said...

Hugging you! Let the tears flow as they will. Take the time that you need...that is very important.
Hugs
SueAnn

pinkglitterfae said...

Kitty, I'm sorry you lost your sweet fur baby...I know how tough that can be, but I also know she was very loved by you and had a wonderful life.
You just have to go through the feelings now, and grieve as long as it takes. Go with what feels right, and the cleansing stage is a good one.
When you are ready, you can bring more pets into your life, the right one/ones will be waiting for you
hugs
betty

OmaLindasOldeBaggsandStuftShirts said...

When you give your heart to a furbaby, we all must remember it is part of the deal that they take part of it with them when they go. It leaves a little hole that can never be mended but reminds us of how full our hearts can be. Then we can go on and love again. I lost my St Bernard Baby in April and sometimes I still think the sound I hear is her swishing her big ole tail at a passing happy thing. You'll heal but others are right....take the time needed. XXOO The Olde Bagg
Be good to yourself.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Oh, Kitty... I'm so sorry! I'm there, too, and I know exactly how you feel. I haven't made the jump yet of adopting a new pet, but there are, indeed, so many out there who need love. I hope and pray that you and I both will find the right ones. I believe and trust that we will. Please know I'm thinking of you. My heart goes out to yours. Sending a warm hug across the miles straight to you...

XO,

Sheila

Tricia said...

I'm sorry to hear about your loss. Take good care of yourself during this time. I think you are handling the loss in a wise way. We are in the process of making a decision about our dog, so I can empathize with you a bit. Enjoy your memories as I know they will give you a smile.

Blessings,
Tricia

Elaine A said...

Kellie -

Oh honey, my heart bleeds for you. I know how hard it is to lose one of your babies. And although you know she is in a better place, you are human and miss her physical presence in your life. She was your companion, your friend, your confidant, she made your life better just by being there. It will take time for your heart to come to terms with not seeing her every day, but the pain will lessen, and happy memories will bring smiles and chuckles. And when the time is right to open your home and heart to another furry bundle of love, you will know it.

God Bless sweetie.

Elaine