Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Blissfully Taking Flight

Do you have an inner voice, a gentle whisper quietly nudging you to listen? What does it say? Does it tell you to begin that creative project you've been putting off? Or does it tell you to dream bigger-perhaps start your own creative business? Maybe it's encouraging you to begin writing that book. Or to travel to exotic places. It may just be a whisper, a small voice tucked deep inside the pockets of your heart, but really it's your life calling you.


This is the first paragraph taken from my latest read, Taking Flight by Kelly Rae Roberts. The book is filled with interviews, techniques, beautiful quotes as well as questions for you to ask yourself to help give you the wings you need to take your own flight. I will end this post with two questions from the book to help get you thinking. You can answer them silently, in a comment or in your journals.

The one thing I never thought I could do is: For me, leave corporate work behind forever and make my living creatively without fear that I am the sole provider in a household of one.

Here's how I can make a plan to do it: I can take one small step every day, just one, no matter how scary, until the many add up to the whole and I find myself living the life I always dreamed.

5 comments:

Createology said...

Good luck to you on your plan. I too have this book by Kelly Rae which reminds me I need to get back to reading it. My focus gets so distracted. Happy creating...

Sueann said...

I haven't read this book yet. I must get me a copy!! And good luck, hun. What you can see in your mind; you can do. Have a fabulous day!
HUgs
SueAnn

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Now, that sounds like a plan, Kitty! And one small step leads closer each day to the leap it takes to get to your dreams. Sounds like a plan, indeed! I have no doubt you'll make this dream come true!

XO,

Sheila :-)

The Quintessential Magpie said...

P.S. Some experts in the field of volunteer work once told us that the most effective change took time and study and ended in a well-thought out, well-executed project or program. This sounds exactly like what you are doing! :-)

Creations by Marie Antoinette and Edie Marie said...

Hello Kelly Dear,
I always told you ...that you can do anything you want.I'm proud of you.
Not been doing much on the puter ,but will try and get back in.You have a wondeful summer,
XXOO Marie Antionette