Sunday, February 28, 2010

Traditional Beauty for a Paper Doll Classic

Several weeks ago I posted a free paper doll template for your use. I asked that anyone using it, point me to the images so that I could post here as inspiration to others.


Linda of Considerations posted this traditional tabbed outfit with all kinds of trimmings that fit beautifully into a hand made, organza bag.


Even traditional dolls can have dimension added to them with lace and feathers. This also makes a perfect swap idea for your groups. Send the doll with a dress and trimmings and let the recipient decide how to decorate it. Thank you Linda, for this timeless contribution.

8 comments:

Linda said...

I was so pleased to have your free paper doll. It whisked me back to childhood!
Someone who saw the card wondered if the doll could be made in plywood; of course, it could be, one would only need a jigsaw.

She too was pleased to be back with her memories.

Thank you so much for this lovely blog post.
www.lindabutterfly.etsy.com

Pom Pom said...

Hi Kitty!
Oh my goodness! I left my dolly up on my husband's desk! I must go unearth her and dress her up. You reminded me! She's so lovely. I hope she doesn't mind a slightly wacky outfit.

Sueann said...

What a great idea! I too, as a child, played with my paper dolls all the time!! I loved changing their outfits!!!
Thanks!!
Hugs
SueAnn

The Quintessential Magpie said...

I always love to see what you're displaying over here, Kellie. That's neat!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Laura Haviland said...

I loved the paper doll template, thank you sweetie.
How kind of you, to share her.
Your blog is such a pleasure to visit always.
Hugs,Laura. xoxx

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Kitty, this is just fabulous! Hey, how would I go about making a paper doll ballerina that moves? Any ideas?

Anita

Valerie's Essentials said...

Oh Brings back so many memories! So cool!! Great job!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Dearest Kitty,

Thank you for coming to visit me! And thank you too, for giving me some ideas for my paper ballerina! I made a book this weekend with an original story and drawings and on the cover, I want to create a theatre with a paper ballerina with joints...hmmmm....I will google some images and then proceed. Thank you and I LOVE YOUR BLOG!

Have a fabulous week! Anita