Sunday, September 6, 2009

Shoppin' With Dem Wild Wimin

The Traveling "paper" Art Doll Symposium's (TADS) Doll No. 5 has officially been named Tille and was treated to a shopping spree with the wild wimin of Pennsylvania. Kim of Tabby's Place contributes this energetically visual representation of "girls day out" that fills the imagination with excitement and wonder. I am deeply appreciative for this thoughtful entry to the TADS project. Thank you, Kim for your participation.


"Whoever said money can't buy happiness simply didn't know where to go shopping." ~ Bo Derek


I know that thinking back to my own shopping adventures with "the girls" (mainly my sister) when I was able to let my hair down for a little while and just have fun, I realize it was not the money or the items from which I received the most joy. It was the experience of feeling inspired and nurtured by those blessed creatures I was with. Letting go of any emotional attachment to an outcome resulted in the most memorable experiences of my life.


I love money. Money brings freedom and there is plenty of happiness in that thought alone however, money is nothing more than paper and metal with no deeper meaning than that which we give it. Shopping with my sister just before our first trip to the Caribbean brings me joy even today when I look upon the items I still have from that adventure. Money can buy happiness but the extent to which it does rests entirely with you and your own thoughts about it. If you aren't happy in your mind, no amount of money could possibly purchase enough things to soothe your unhappiness unless you are willing to first change your thoughts.

xoxo
~Kitty Kellie

To find out more about the Traveling "paper" Art Doll Symposium (TADS) project, click the link to go there. To sign up, leave a comment stating so on the TADS Official Sign Up

2 comments:

Stephanie Suzanne Designs said...

Hello Kitty,

The artful paper dolls are so fascinating to me..I've been cutting out stuff in hopes of playing with some glue very soon. :0)

Your words concerning money are totally true...I do laugh though..as I say if I could win the lottery that I could do for so many people as long as LOVE and MONEY could provide the answer. :0)

Ones inner thoughts really do dictate their outcome no matter what their words may be. But I have learned that the act of writing the words and speaking the words enable you to make the outcome manifest the way you really want it to be. We are such complex beings. :0)

Have you ever listened to Dr. Wayne Dyer?? His audio tapes in his early years are fantastic and such logical and heartful life affirmations. I started listening to him when I was around 38 years old...a time when we seem to start another major growth path along the journey.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts,
Stephanie

The Quintessential Magpie said...

I always like to pop in and see what you're doing, and I love what you posted.

My dad used to say that money can't buy happiness, but it can buy things that will bring you happiness. But you have to be happy inside first. You are so right about that.

XO,

Sheila :-)