Saturday, August 22, 2009

Is she bald or is that Wisteria on her head?

Is this not the most exquisitely decadent paper hair ever to grace the head of a paper art doll anywhere in the world? Actually her faux hair is hand made wisteria that I put together leaf by leaf, vine by vine several years ago and never used . . . until now. This of course is not the final "do" but you get the idea where I am headed with it. I see so much possibility in this paper art doll bust that I find it difficult to contain my excitement about it. You've seen sculpted busts made of papier mache, polymer clay and what not but have you ever seen one made out of paper?


This Pink Saturday, the Artful Paper Doll gives you a peek at this work in progress. Creating an art doll bust like this complete with rooted paper hair is just one of the many techniques you will learn for creating your own artful paper doll in my latest tutorial, {Paper Doll • ology}. I've got 8 spots left at the discounted price of $50. What can you do with a paper art doll bust if given the opportunity? Why not find out!

xoxo
~Kitty Kellie

Pink Saturday brought to you weekly by the talented Beverly of How Sweet the Sound. There is plenty more pink goodness to see and appreciate. If you like what you see, be sure to let our hostess know how much her work is appreciated.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

very pretty not sure i have the right hands to cut something so dleicate have a fab pink saturday

Sharon's Cottage Quilts said...

Oh Kitty, you have truly outdone yourself! She is exquisite! Beautiful and a sight to behold! I have never seen such a magnificent creation, and her hair is just stunning!! What talent you are blessed with, and determination as well as imagination. Well done friend...well done.
Blessings~Sharon

Claudia said...

Beautiful! Her hair looks so lovely - like out of a fairy tale. You talented girl, you! Happy Pink Saturday!

Slee said...

This has inspired me to do something artsy and paperdollsy with my ten year old. Thank you. It's quite lovely!

CC said...

I love your dolls..and the hair is wonderful. Happy Pink Saturday and have a great weekend.

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Oh she is so beautiful. I just love her. Her hair or whisteria whichever the mind can see, is so pretty. I have blue eyes so I was really drawn to her eyes. I also love the little rose touch on her dress. So imaginative. Thanks for sharing. Happy Pink Saturday! Please stop by and say hi. Country hugs, Sherry

Gabriela said...

Happy Pink Saturday!


This doll is fabulous!



~ Gabriela ~

Sarah said...

Well, these are very clever! I like your work.
Happy PInk Saturday ~ Hyacinth

http://hyacinthforthesoul.blogspot.com/

Marie said...

I can't believe how lovely she is. Fabulous!

♥Mimi♥ said...

I hate to be a broken record, but it's cold and gloomy here today and it rained all day yesterday! Hoping that I can get outside a bit to check out my gardens☺ Pink Saturday is bringing a little much needed and very welcome color into my home today. Thanks so much for participating. It's always so nice to visit your blog and see what's going on.

Hope your weekend is filled with sunshine and everyone you l♥ve. I'm hoping mine will be dry☺

Mary Bergfeld said...

I love her :-). Thanks for sharing your talent with us. I hope you have a wonderful day.

Patricia said...

Happy Pink Saturday to you - Your paper doll is going to be wonderful. I hope you have a wonderful new week.

Vicki said...

Oh, she is so beautiful!!! I have not visited your blog before, but I was attracted to the name of it. As a young girl, my absolute favorite thing to do was play with paper dolls. Hope your weekend is wonderful. Vicki

The Quintessential Magpie said...

She's very lovely! You did a fine job with her!

XO,

Sheila :-)

BALLET NEWS said...

Hello, I'm leaving you a comment because you have the most lovely blog. Fantastic writing and I love your pics as well. Best wishes !

pinkglitterfae said...

kitty she is so pretty! lovely face, and I like the 'wisteria' hair.
have a fabulous weekend!

Stephanie Suzanne Designs said...

Happy PiNk to you, Kitty...

What awesome hair! I can't imagine how long it took to cut that out.

Hope you have had a great weekend...please do drop by for
a visit!

Love & Light,
Stephanie